The YMCA of Alaska is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all. To promote safety and comfort, the YMCA asks all persons to act appropriately at all times when in our facilities, on our property or participating in our programs.
We expect persons using the YMCA to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. The actions listed below, which are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of behaviors, are considered inappropriate and are prohibited in our facilities or programs:
• Using or possessing alcohol or illegal drugs in YMCA facilities.
• Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon
• Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior
• Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive, or threatening way
• Verbally abusive behavior, including profanity, angry language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting
• Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person
• Inappropriate or sexually revealing attire
• Using YMCA facilities to work with a “client” for a fee without being an employee of the YMCA
• Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property
• Loitering within facilities or on the grounds of the YMCA after being requested to depart the YMCA’s property
• Inappropriate conduct that violate other YMCA facility use guidelines
In addition, the YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving physical, verbal or sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense related to the sale, possession and/or transportation of illegal drugs, is currently under the influence of illegal or dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages, or has been accused or convicted of any crime or accused of any conduct that would, in the YMCA’s sole judgement be contrary to the YMCA’s commitment to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all.
Anyone who feels that this Code of Conduct is being violated should immediately report the behavior to a staff person on duty. Please notify a staff member if assistance is needed. Suspension or termination of YMCA membership may result from a violation of this Code of Conduct. While an incident is being investigated, the membership of the person(s) accused of violating this Code of Conduct may be temporarily suspended pending a final decision.